How Much Energy Will Your Solar Panels Produce?
The Lone Star State, offering an abundance of sunshine, is a great place for investing in solar. Solar panels can produce a great deal of energy for your home or business and provide an excellent return on your investment. But just how much energy does a solar panel produce in Texas?
Apollo Solar Company provides solar installation services in Texas and New Mexico. With our rooftop solar installation, you can begin producing clean, renewable energy immediately. Depending on your needs and goals, we’ll be able to design and install a system that will produce the appropriate amount of energy for your specific needs.
How Much Energy Does a Solar Panel Produce?
The rated power of a solar panel is measured in watts, so to figure out the expected energy output, you must calculate the watts per hour for each panel. Our solar panels are capable of producing anywhere from 350 to 425 watts per hour, depending on the size of the panel and its sunlight exposure. Throughout the entire day, a single solar panel typically produces about 2 kWh of energy, depending on several factors including sunlight.
How Much Energy Does a Full Solar Panel System Produce?
A typical solar power system in Texas may have anywhere from 8 to 25 panels per individual home-sized system. How much energy a solar panel system produces is dependent on the size and capacity of the panels – a full system can generate anywhere on average from 35 kW to 50 kW per day. If you multiply the kWh by the number of hours of sunlight your home receives, ( kWh * 5 hours) you’ll get your daily average energy production (35 kW). Let’s say your home receives 5 full hours of sunlight each day, and your panels produce 35 kWh – this would equate to approximately 13,000 kWh of electricity annually.
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Energy Output
In order to accurately predict the amount of energy that a solar panel system will generate, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Size: The size of a solar panel determines the amount of electricity it can produce. The largest commercial solar modules measure around 77 x 39 inches, but most residential solar panels are between 65 x 39 inches.
- Capacity: The capacity of a panel is the amount of electricity a panel can produce under standard testing conditions – usually quoted in watts.
- Geographic Location: The amount of direct sunlight and rain can affect a solar panel’s energy output. In Texas, solar energy production is highest in the summer months when the sun is stronger and there is usually less rain.
- Weather Conditions: As mentioned above, sunny days can provide optimal conditions for energy production but too much sunlight without adequate rain can actually damage the solar panel’s cells. Likewise, cloudy days or extreme heat can affect the energy production of solar panels.
- Obstructions: Trees, buildings, or other physical objects that cover the solar panel can cut down the amount of sunlight that it is able to absorb.
Solar Panel Efficiency: The production efficiency of a panel simply refers to the percentage of sunlight it is able to convert into electricity. With advances in technology, the efficiency of solar cells has increased from around 10% to almost 20%.
How Much Energy Do Solar Panels Produce in El Paso?
El Paso is one of the sunniest cities in the US and is an ideal location for solar panels. This means the amount of energy a solar panel system in El Paso yields has the potential to be much greater than solar panels would produce elsewhere.
Overall, the amount of energy your solar panel system in El Paso will produce depends on many factors such as the size of your system, the capacity of your panels, and local weather conditions. However, if you choose quality solar panels and have them installed correctly, you could expect to get plenty of energy from your solar panel system.
Power Your World With Apollo Solar Company
When you’re ready to switch to solar energy, Apollo Solar Company is here to help. We are a leading full-service solar contractor with years of experience in the solar industry. Our team of experts will be able to install your solar power system and provide you with the best energy solutions for your home in El Paso.
Apollo Solar Company’s proudly serves El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico, but we also extend our services to 30 states across the US, including the following:
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington D.C, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Contact us today to get started on powering your world with clean, renewable energy by installing a solar panel system for your home.